Address for Correspondence:
Dr. Upendra Prasad
Head, Department of Electrical Engg
BIT Sindri – 828123
Dist: Dhanbad, Jharkhand
The Department of Electrical Engineering was started in the year 1949 when the institute was born. The department offers four years B.Tech. degree course with an annual intake of 100 students. Eighteen months postgraduate program is also offered leading to M.Tech. degree with specialization in Control System and Power System. The annual intake in the postgraduate program is 10. The department is also looking after an electrical sub-station and is maintaining a 14 Km distribution line of BIT campus.
The department has well equipped laboratories required for undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The important laboratories include: Computer Lab, Control System Lab, Microprocessor Lab, Electrical Machines Lab, Instrumentation Lab, Circuit Lab, High Voltage Lab and Electrical Workshop. The prestigious million volt Atkinson High Tension Laboratory of the department is considered as first of its kind in India in the yesteryears.
- A unique internet training laboratory for research and training in network management and applications.
- First of its kind HIGH TENSION laboratory in Asia.
- VLSI and EDA design and simulation tools.
- ERNET, MATLAB and Telemetric laboratories with advanced network based bed for services and protocols design, and implementation over heterogeneous design network(LAN, data broadcast ,ATM etc.)
- Single Phase Precision Power analyzer Educational tours of two months duration in BHEL, NTPC, SAIL, HEC Ranchi, etc.
- Analog Lab
- Communication Lab
- Control Lab
- Digital Lab
- High tension Lab
- Instrumentation Lab
- Machine Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Modeling & Simulation Lab
- Microcontroller Lab
- Computer Aided Power System Lab
- Electrical Workshop
- Power Electronics Lab
- PPAS Lab
- Computation Lab
- Basic Electrical Lab
List of Faculty Members
# Click on the name for Curriculum vitae.
Important: In email IDs, please replace [at] by @.