Department of Metallurgical Engineering
Address for Correspondence:
Prof. Shardanand Prasad
Department of Metallurgical Engg
BIT Sindri, P.O.: Sindri Institute, Sindri
Dist: Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India PIN: 828123
Since 1956, B.I.T. Sindri has rich heritage of building and shaping world class metallurgists. Metallurgists of this department are consistently striving for the upliftment of the operative professors, interactive alumnus and enthusiastic students together comprise the metallurgical department. The alumni of this department are occupying top most positions in MNCs all over the world. Renowned metallurgists regularly visit our campus and metallurgical field.
- The Deptt. is having a modern Computer Lab, Conference Hall & also a well furnished Library where various metallurgical books and journals are available.
- JEOL SEM Scanning Electron Microscope Model 220A &INSTRON Universal Testing Machine 4206 Model 150
- Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer (AAS),Automatic etching & polishing machine, Siemens Xray Diffraction Unit
- Dual automatic high & low speed Linear Precision
- Diamond Saw Metacut-HSDCM
- Active participation in the technical and training programmes organized by institutes and various organization all across the country (NMD-ATM,TECHNICA COMPOSITE, organized by IIM SAIL, TATA STEEL, TATA MOTOR , MECON, IIT KGP , NML, RDCIS Ranchi.
- Metallography Lab
- X-Ray Diffraction Lab
- Metallurgical Analysis Lab
- Electro-hydro Lab
- Mineral Dressing Lab
- Foundry Lab
- Heat Treatment Lab
- Metallurgical Workshop
- Physics of Metal Lab
|List of Faculty Members|
|Sl. No.||Name of Faculty Mmber||Designation||Phone No.||Email ID (Replace [at] by @)|
|01.||Prof. Shardanand Prasad||Head and Assistant Professor (Sr Scale)|
|02.||Prof. Anil Kumar Rajak||Assistant Professor (Sr Scale)||+91-8987410191||akrajak[at]bitsindri.ac.in|
|03.||Prof. B.N. Rai||Assistant Professor (Sr Scale)|
|04.||Prof. Sagaram Hembram||Assistant Professor||shembrom[at]bitsindri.ac.in|
# Click on the name for Curriculum vitae.
Important: In email IDs, please replace [at] by @.